Jungle Disk Reviewhttps://www.cloudstoragereviews.co/media/reviews/photos/thumbnail/300x225s/17/e0/95/7_JungleDiskLogo180_1297106518.jpg
- Pay as you go
- Home and Business Plans
- iPhone and iPod App
Jungle disk is a pay as you go storage platform that uses Amazon s3 to store and house all of its data. It is a subsidiary of Rackspace and as of 4/2012 it may be out of business.
Jungle Disk provides users an affordable and reliable method to store, share and sync files online utilizing Rackspace and Amazon S3 infrastructures. Their pay-per-space-used plans allow unlimited storage and provide a low cost solution for data backup and storage for home users and businesses, including Windows and Linux servers. Home and business plans are suitable for Windows and Mac. Jungle Disk is a subsidiary of Rackspace US, Inc.
AT the time of this posting (April 2012) it appears that Jungle Disk may be out of business. All blog posts are a year or so old. Their twitter account has very few recent tweets.
We would love to know if Jungle Disk is still in business.
Jungle Disk Plans and Pricing:
- Jungle Disk Simply Backup - $2 per month + 15¢ per GB with first 5GB for free
- Only one account and no web access, no share or sync feature
- Jungle Disk Desktop Edition - $3 per month + 15¢ per GB with first 5GB for free
- Allows multiple computer sync w/ one account and web access
- Jungle Disk Workgroup Edition - $4 per user per month + 15¢ per GB with first 10GB for free
- Allows multiple computer sync cloud with multiple accounts
- Jungle Disk Server Edition - $5 per server per month + 15¢ per GB with first 10GB for free
- Not for desktops. This is for servers only but has remote access capabilities
- Choose either Rackspace or Amazon for server space.
Located in Atlanta, GA, Jungle Disk was founded in 2007 by Dave Wright and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Rackspace US, Inc. Jungle Disk has customers located in over 100 countries with 2 secure data centers in Boston and Somerville, MA.